Why Parents Like The Red Card Meal Plan
- 529 Plan college spending accounts can be used to fund the Red Card Meal Plan.
- Have your financial institution send us a check directly (make sure the student’s name is displayed on the check) or email email@example.com to request a receipt for reimbursement.
- Assurance that “food money” is being spent as intended—only on food
- Prevents spending food allowance on the wasteful items so easily purchased with cash, and debit or credit cards
- Purchase of alcohol and tobacco products is prohibited
Ease of Use
- Conveniently manage and monitor meal plan account and transactions online
- Automatically add funds to your student’s account every 1, 2, or 4 weeks with our “Recurring Allowance” feature
- Carry over account balances from semester to semester and year to year—no money is wasted
- Students can order food from local restaurants through Red Card’s online ordering partner, EatStreet.
- Notifies you automatically via email when your student’s balance drops below $30
- Helps your student budget his or her food money and avoid costly ATM fees, finance charges, and credit card debt
My son uses his Red Card mostly at the grocery store and called last week, all excited because he got a free ticket to a concert he really wanted to see from Red Card. The convenience, savings and perks are great!
My daughter loves her Red Card. It gives both her and I peace of mind that I can load her card with readily available cash and she can go to the grocery store and make purchases without worrying about the balance in her bank account. Love this program.
A fabulous program. It’s easy to add money to the account, you can monitor when and where your student eats, and the notification of a low balance is great too!
Even though my son still lives in the dorm, with the Red Card plan he has been able to do his own cooking this semester. He loves shopping at Fresh Madison Market. I get to use my 529 money to pay for the card and he gets to cook what he wants.
My phone messages, Facebook posts, emails and text messages all have a hard time breaking through the academic and social scene of our 2nd year Badger. But a deposit to the Red Card from the homefront garners an immediate contact from our student with appreciation and an update (however short) about life in Mad City. The Red Card has been a great way to offer a break from the campus meal plan and to stay in touch!
The Red Card has provided our family with an easy, convenient way to support our student’s food purchasing near campus, as well as provide a low-risk way for her to learn to budget her financial resources the first time living on ‘her own’. We like that it also offers so many different retail and restaurant options to choose from close at hand.
Why Students Like The Red Card Meal Plan
- Exclusive cardholder discounts
- Weekly & daily promotions
- Around-the-clock options for buying groceries, dining in, taking out, and food delivery
- The Red Card app allows you to pay with your phone
- No more running to the ATM
- Order delivery through EatStreet, Red Card’s official online ordering partner, and pay with your Red Card on the site
- Every type of cuisine imaginable is available
- More than 90 student-favored restaurants to choose from
I use my Red Card just about every single day. I use it the most at Fresh Madison Market and Chipotle. The Red Card program is a great idea and has made keeping track of my food expenses much easier for my college tuition account (EdVest).
I feel that the Red Card is a great product, as it is very easy for me to get groceries. Whenever I am running low on funds, my parents or relatives can put money on the card and they know that it will be put toward good things, as opposed to money I can just spend anywhere.
Your weekly specials, convenience on campus, and variety of restaurants provides me with food on a daily basis along with making it very accessible. From grabbing Potbelly’s after a long study session at Memorial Library or a salad from Fresh Madison Market on my way to class to getting food in the morning on game days when I go with friends to the Nitty Gritty, I utilize my card everywhere for anything! Thanks so much for making my college experience amazing and so much easier with this meal plan. Now I am manage my money and am able to eat on campus anywhere at anytime with no constraints!
I really like how as new restaurants on State Street or around campus open, the Red Card is usually accepted there. I also enjoy how there are deals that allow Red Card holders to experience events around Madison, like concerts or festivals.