Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini Sent home with lots of leftover turkey? Don't resort to making standard,…
Copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
These copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps are an easy at-home meal boasting with saucy flavor that come together in less than 30 minutes!
Servings: 4 wraps
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 oz water chestnuts drained and minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh Thai basil chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 head lettuce
- diced green onions
- First, make the sauce. Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a small bowl. Whisk until the corn starch has dissolved and then set aside.
- Next, cook the ground chicken. Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add the sesame oil. When the oil is fragrant, add the mushrooms to the pan and season them with salt. Sauté the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes so that the moisture is released from the mushrooms and then cooks off a bit.
- Add the water chestnuts to the pan and toss them with the mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and water chestnuts from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the skillet back over the heat and add the ground chicken. Break it up into small pieces with a spatula and cook the chicken over medium/high heat. Add the soy sauce to the skillet and mix with the chicken. Cook the ground chicken for 5-6 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Add the mushrooms and water chestnuts back to the skillet and toss with the chicken.
- Next, pour the sauce over all of the ingredients and toss the sauce with all of the ingredients. Heat the mixture over medium/high heat. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil and allow the sauce to simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Once the sauce has thicken remove the skillet from the heat and fold in Thai basil and cilantro. Serve the chicken mixture inside of the lettuce wraps with sliced green onion for garnish.