Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini Sent home with lots of leftover turkey? Don't resort to making standard,…
Slow Cooker Game Day Chili
When it comes to tailgating foods, chili is a classic dish that is perfect for football weather. Our recipe for a hearty beef chili can be prepared in a slow cooker, meaning that it's easy to prepare, store and transport. And best of all, with a Reynolds KITCHENS® Slow Cooker Liner, cleaning up at your next tailgate will be easier than ever.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 Reynolds KITCHENS Slow Cooker Liner optional
- 1 Slow cooker/crock pot
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium green bell peppers chopped
- 2 small onions chopped
- 2 15 oz cans red kidney beans undrained
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/2 c shredded cheese
- 1/2 c sour cream
- Line a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds KITCHENS® Slow Cooker Liner. Fit liner snugly against bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef, bell peppers, and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Spoon beef mixture into the lined slow cooker. Add beans, seasoning mix, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes and green chilies to beef mixture; stir gently with wooden or plastic spoon.
- Cover and cook 6 to 7 hours on Low or 3 to 3 1/2 hours on High, until hot and bubbly throughout.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Stir gently and serve chili directly from slow cooker liner. Serve directly from lined slow cooker. Top with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
- Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Remove all food and cool slow cooker completely before lifting liner from slow cooker.
If you’re using a 3 to 8-quart round or oval slow cooker, use the regular size Reynolds KITCHENS(R) Slow Cooker Liner and the recipe as-is. If you’re using a 1 to 3-quart round or oval slow cooker, use the small size Reynolds KITCHENS(R) Slow Cooker Liner and halve the recipe.