Ramen Noodle Soup Take your ramen noodle packet to the next level with this soup.…
Tomato, Onion & Basil One-Pan Pasta
Pasta is already pretty painless to make, but this recipe makes it even easier. Instead of having to make the pasta and the sauce in separate pans, you can throw all the ingredients in one pan and just let it do its thing. This recipe only takes 20 minutes to make, so save yourself the trip to McDonald's and make this instead.
- 12 oz linguini
- 12 oz cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 5 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- 4.5 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Slice the onion and garlic cloves thinly. Cut tomatoes in half or in quarters if large. Set aside.
- Measure out your pasta. Make sure you’re using about 12-oz (¾ box). You can measure this by touching your thumb and forefinger together creating an “O”. The amount of pasta that fits into this circle is about how much you need.
- In a large skillet combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and 4 ½ cups water. If you do not have a skillet, this recipe will work just fine using a large pot.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, keeping the pan uncovered so some of the water can evaporate. Turn pasta frequently with tongs to allow the flavors to melt together. You can begin turning when the pasta has softened enough (after about 3 minutes).
- Cook until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated. This will be about 9 minutes after boiling has begun.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. If you are willing to share, divide among 4 bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese. Then add more because who doesn’t love cheese? Finally, garnish with basil. Now it’s Instagram worthy.